Here are just some simple hair tips 😉
- Make sure if you use shampoo not to over do it. (and only wash your hair every 2-3 days) This helps your hair regulate it’s own natural oil production, keeping it nourished naturally. 😉
- Use a good hairbrush, this is very important because you don’t want to be damaging your hair with a bad one. Brushes like this one and this one are very gentle, and therefore, good for your hair. These ones (or similar) could probably be found at most shops with hair supplies.
- Always plait or braid your hair before going to bed; it prevents damage as you sleep and your hair is much more manageable when you wake up in the morning. If you can, using a scrunchie like this one : is meant to be much better to sleep on than a normal hair tie, which is more prone to damage as you sleep.
- Another big tip would be never to use hair products with SLS (sodium laurel sulfate) SLS (sodium laureth sulfate) or any number of other bad product put there which you should avoid. That said, these are two of the most damaging for your hair (not to mention unhealthy.) So try to use natural and organic hair products when possible.
- One great hair product is argan oil. It can be a bit more on the expensive side, but getting a good one is really worth it because it will last a long time. 😉 Coconut oil is also extremely effective for taming frizz and nourishing dry ends.
- One of the biggest tips is to have a hand mirror to use along with a larger mirror (a bathroom mirror for example) in order to see the back of your hair while you are braiding/styling. This helps so much! Like this one:
- When you wear any type of ponytail, do NOT take it out by yanking the rubber band through your hair. Instead, try to gently unloop it until it slides out. This simple change will prevent LOTS of unnecessary damage to your hair.
- Here is a great book on hair care; especially if your hair is curly:
Let us know if these tips were helpful!
~Clare & Emma