Hey everyone, happy Wednesday (yes that’s right, we’ve moved all future posts now to every Wednesday, instead of on Mondays. 😉 )
Now you might be wondering who it is in the pictures, well today one of my awesome cousins is modelling this style in her gorgeous hair.
I think this is a great sports hairstyle to keep the hair out of your face, but it could also just as easily be dressed up or down, however you like it really!
And this is so easy I would definitely classify it as a DIY even though I did it on my cousin.
Items needed: comb, 1-2 bobby pins, 1 hair tie.
Time: 5-10 minutes
- Begin by parting the hair all the way down the middle..
- Section off one side for now…
- French braid on side, using reasonably large sections, however start with slightly smaller pieces and grab larger sections as you go along…
- Once you run out of hair, braid all the way down and tie the ends with a hair tie..
- Repeat steps 3-4…
- When you have both braids finished, secure the braids together at the base of the neck…
- Now undo the braids in the ponytail..
- And if you want to, grab a small piece of hair from the under side of the ponytail and wrap it around the hair tie, secure with a bobby pin or two..
- This step is optional, but I like how it makes the french braid look different from a normal one.. Go back up the braid and gently tug the inside pieces of the braid to make them look fuller, and it also gives it an almost dutch braid look to it.
- And you’re done!!
I hope you liked this tutorial, I know quite a few people asked for some sport hairstyles a little while back. So hopefully you enjoyed this tutorial! Is this sport hairstyle something you would wear to training or a game?
16 thoughts on “Double french braided ponytail | Sport Hairstyles”
I love this style! I will definitely try this during basketball. Thanks!
I’m glad you do! I hope you will, braids like this one are perfect for sport! 😉 . You’re welcome! 🙂
I love the photos!!! This is really creative! 😀
BELLA I’M YOUR BIGGEST FAN !!! 😉
Wow that is a really great hairstyle i will definitely try this sometime 🙂
Thanks, I’m happy to hear it! 🙂
Bella you should become a real model 😉
Simply amazing, Clare, simply amazing. ‘Nough said.
Aw, thank you!
I really love this hairstyle, Clare! Seems like it would be a good one to wear to the beach or pool to keep the hair out of my face!
Thank you Sabrina! Yeah definitely!!
This is great! I’m using it all the time! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks EmilyKate! You’re welcome! I’m glad you’re using it! 😉
I love this hairstyle! ♥ It’s my go to for whenever I need a quick and easy but not too plain hairstyle.
I’m glad you like it!! That’s awesome! It’s great to know people are trying out our hairstyles, and wearing them on a regular basis! 😉