Hey everyone, happy Wednesday (yes that’s right, we’ve moved all future posts now to every Wednesday or Tuesday, instead of on Mondays.)
Now you might be thinking to yourself, “That’s not Clare’s hair is it?” and if you say that then you’d be right. Today one of my awesome cousins is modelling this style in her gorgeous hair.
I think this is a great sports hairstyle to keep the hair out of your face, but it could also just as easily be dressed up or down, however you like it really!
And this is definitely so easy I would classify it as a DIY even though I happened to have done it on my cousin.
Items needed: comb, 1-2 bobby pins, 1 hair tie.
Time: 5-10 minutes
- Begin by parting the hair all the way down the middle..
- Section off one side for now…
- French braid on side, using reasonable large sections, however start with slightly smaller pieces and grab larger sections as you go along…
- Once you run out of hair, braid all the way down and tie the ends with a hair tie..
- Repeat steps 3-4…
- When you have both braids finished, secure the braids together at the base of the neck…
- Now undo the braids in the ponytail..
- And if you want to, grab a small piece of hair from the under side of the ponytail and wrap it around the hair tie, secure with a bobby pin or two..
- This step is optional, but I like how it makes the french braid look different from a normal one.. Go back up the braid and gently tug the inside pieces of the braid to make them look fuller, and it also gives it an almost dutch braid look to it.
- And you’re done!!
I hope you liked this post, I know quite a few people asked for some sport hairstyles a little while back. So hopefully you enjoyed this tutorial! Is this sport hairstyle something you would wear to training or a game?