Hey everyone, Clare here. I hope you all are having a great week! Today I have a half-up crown braid to show you, isn’t it pretty?
Sorry this isn’t a DIY hairstyle, I haven’t had much time to do hairstyles on myself lately. However this hairstyle is totally DIY friendly. 😉 😉
I hope you like it!
This hairstyle will work for almost any length of hair, so give it a try and let me know if it worked for you! 🙂
Skill level: medium
Time: 5-10 minutes (depending on your hair)
Items needed: 1 comb, 1 small rubber hair elastic, a handful of bobby pins.
- Begin by sectioning off the bottom half of the hair..
- Make a small part in the middle at the the top of the head..
- Begin dutch braiding the hair round the head..
- When you get to around the ear, stop taking hair from the bottom….
- keep going, only taking hair from the top half, (you will be doing a lace dutch braid)..
- Once you run out of hair finish off the braid with a normal plait..
- Secure the ends with an elastic..
- Now take the ends of the braid, and pin around underneath the braid to finish off the crown braid look..
- Pancake the braid by gently tugging on the edges of the braid…
- And you’re done!
There you have the half-up crown braid, I hope you liked this tutorial. Leave a comment below if you have any questions ect.
15 thoughts on “Half-up crown braid”
Gorgeous!!! O.o I’m definitely gonna have to try this out on my little sis! I’d say on myself, but I’ve tried crown braids on my hair, and unfortunately my hair’s still too short. 😉 Great post, Clare! ❤
Thank you Emily! I hope it works out well for you! Yeah, fair enough.. Thanks! 😉
One of the best posts!!! Hope you find the time for this one in the near future Clare! 😉
Thank you!! Haha 😉 😀
Beautiful as always, Clare!! 🙂 🙂
Aw thank you! You’re too sweet! 😉 😉
Awesome post Clare 😉
wow! I love it! great job Clare 🙂
^^ Thanks girls!! 🙂
Looks really pretty!!!!!
Thanks so much Therese (of course some of that credit would have to go to my little sister’s gorgeous hair 😉 😀 ) .
LOVE! IT! ❤
I’m glad you do! 😉
Your blog has some great posts. ❤
I love the look of this style