Hey hey hey, everyone! Wow, I feel as though I haven’t posted anything in….forever, haha! I’ve been gone for a while on vacation, and I have to be honest, I never quite found the time to post any new hairstyles I came across. So, I sincerely apologize for taking such a long time. 😉 Anywho! The other day, my sister wanted something done to her hair. And, she actually has quite short hair.
So, what she wanted done to her hair we actually found another tutorial version on Pinterest. So, yes, this wasn’t entirely my idea. 😉 However, I did fix it up to my own liking, so it is not exact to the said person’s tutorial. I can’t seem to find where that tutorial is, so sorry that you won’t be seeing the other girl’s version. Alrighty then! Let’s get started!
~Oh, and I think it only fair to apologize right now for the somewhat poor quality of the photos. I have to be honest, neither myself nor my model were ready to go out into the below 30 weather (about -1 celsius) outside.;)
Items needed: Brush, hairspray, 3 rubber hair ties, and a handful of bobby pins.
Skill level: Easy
Time: around 10 minutes..
- Brush hair.
- Create the part down the middle of your head.
- Begin dutch-braiding one side of the head, to the back of the head. Secure with an elastic. Then do the same for the other side. There should be leftover hair, so don’t worry about that. 😉 This is roughly what you’re hair should look like now:
Word of advice: if you are doing this hairdo with short hair, I recommend hair spraying after each step. To ensure that the hairstyle will stay/hold longer. 😉
- Now, you’re going to pancake the braids. In other words, you’re going to pull the braids a bit–gently & carefully!!!–to make the braids look both thicker & messier.
- With the leftover hair, you’re going to pull the hair into a bun. Just the simple kind, don’t worry. Begin pulling it into a ponytail, stop halfway through the last pull. Your hair should look like this:
- Pull the braid through the opening of the small bun. Then do so with the other braid (coming through the other side).
- Now is the fun part. You get to bobby pin all the hair into a cute little bun. 😉 And that’s it! By now your hair should be a cute little fancy updo looking like this:
If you’re wanting a fancier approach, I highly recommend adding some sort of hairpin in there. 😉
And there you have it! Well, thank you everyone for reading! Please let me know what y’all thought! And how this style turned out for you! Remember, this hairstyle can be done with any length of hair! 😉
Happy hairstyling, y’all!