As you probably know by now we have a lot of dutch braids as the base for quite a few hairstyles on here, but its such a versatile braid, and they are soo many different things you can do with them. Plus, they’re fairly easy to do. 😉
I came up with this particular style when my little sister wanted me to do something special in her hair for her birthday several months ago. It really suited her, and I thought it would make a good tutorial, so today I’m going to show you how to create this easy, double dutch braided updo!
Items needed: two hair ties, a handful of bobby pins, and hairspray (if desired)
1.Begin by making a middle part all the way from the front of your head to the nape of the neck (you could also do a side part as long as you divide the hair evenly at the back.)
2. Then section one half out of the way for now…
I had my sister’s hair slightly damp so I could get all of the tangles out more easily, but it works fine on dry hair too.
3. Now take a section from the front of the section and divide it into three pieces:
4. And dutch braid all the way down so that the braid goes in a direction as I have done in the picture:
5. Repeat on the other side of the head…
6. After you have pancaked both of the braids your hair should look roughly like this:
7. Now take the braid from the right side of your head and wrap it into a circle shaped bun at back of your head. Bobby pin in place…
8. Then take the braid from the left hand and wrap it around the bun you made from the other braid. Bobby pin that in place and adjust to you liking.. Here is the final look:
This is a really cute style that could be dressed up to be a formal hairstyle. Or, I actually think if you had the bun secured with a hair tie and some extra bobby pins it could be a great sports hairstyle. What do you think? 😉
10 thoughts on “Double Dutch Braided Updo”
I gotta learn how to do the Dutch Braid! You did a fantastic job!
BTW, I love the flowers in the background and I love your sister’s glasses.
Aw thank you!! Hopefully one of these tutorials will help you do a dutch braid: https://setongirlshairstyles.com/2017/10/18/2-easy-sport-hairstyles/ or https://setongirlshairstyles.com/2017/06/19/first-blog-post/
Same! They were the perfect background! 😉 I’ll be sure to tell her that 😉
beautiful hairstyle, Clare! I love how it is so textured, with the dutch braids and bun! ❤ (:
Thank you Sabrina!! I’m glad you like it! 🙂
Wow Clare, love the photography and the hairstyle! Thank you for the post and the step by step! 🙂
Aw thank you Maria! You’re welcome!
I really like this updo!!
I’m glad you like it! ❤