Hey everyone! I hope you’re all having a great summer (or winter as the case may be 😉 😀 ) As I’ve said before, I love dutch fishtail braids, and am always trying to incorporate them into a new hairstyle. While I was away after Christmas I came up with this cool updo, with a dutch fishtail on the heavier side of my part, and a normal dutch braid of the lighter side. It’s a nice updo for a hot summer day (I did mine to look a little bit messier, but if you took the extra time to make it a bit more polished, it could be quite a fancy style. 😉 )
Items needed: a handful of bobby pins, 2 rubber hair ties, and hairspray (is desired)
Time: 10-15 minutes
- Begin by parting your hair off to one side..
- Next start a dutch fishtail braid on the heavy side of the part..
- Once you’ve braided up to about your ear, stop adding in hair and finish off with a regular fishtail..
- When you reach the ends gently go back and pancake the braid (tug on the edges of the braid for a fuller effect.) Then secure with an elastic..
- Now go to the other side of you head a do a regular 3 strand dutch braid, doing the same thing you did with the fishtail, (once you stop adding in hair, finish off with a normal plait and pancake the braid.)
- Secure with an elastic..
- Now secure the remaining hair that you have out of the braids at the back of your head with a hair tie..
- Plait the hair in the ponytail, and secure with a rubber hair tie..
- Roll the ponytail-plait into a bun and secure with bobby pins..
- All you need to do now is pin the two braids around the bun and you’re good to go! 😉
There you have this fun updo! Leave a comment down below, remember to subscribe, and we’ll see you next week with another tutorial!! 🙂