Today I’m going to let you in a little secret: how to make your ponytail look longer, and more full with just one simple trick! (No hair extensions required!) I’ve done this hairstyle on and off for quite a few years now, it looks so good in second day curls, and you could even add a dutch braided accent going into the ponytail like this.
I would recommend you use curls as the base for your ponytail, because if you have straight hair the trick will be much more noticeable. Plus, when you have a long ponytail of curls it looks great! 😉 You can do whatever curls you’d like, I just did some loose messy curls today for a more casual look.
Time: 1 minute (max!)
Difficulty: Super easy!
- Begin by scooping your hair up at the front like you would a normal ponytail..
- Next, gradually add hair from both sides of our hair all the way to the base of your neck,
- You should a upside down “V” shape of hair left out underneath the ponytail you’re holding in your hand..
- Tie off the majority of the hair in a high ponytail (the higher you do it, the longer you hair will look)
- And leave that V shaped section out of the ponytail..
- Adjust the ponytail to you liking and make sure the hair underneath is not visible.
- And you’re done!
Let me know if you liked this tutorial, and any feedback you have (we love to read your comments!)