Hey, everyone! Today is our 100th post on SGH! How cool is that??
I asked some people the other day if they wanted to pick a hairstyle for me to do this week. Several asked for some kind of bun/messy bun, and a few others had shown me pictures of hairstyles including dutch braids, so I thought, why not incorporate all those into one cute hairstyle!
Here’s what I came up with:
You can do the bun with the braids, or without, and it still looks cute! I preferred it with the braids though, just to add a little extra something to it.
I just added a couple of bobby pins to shape the bun a little more to my liking. But you could actually get away with doing the bun without them. (If you have shorter hair than I do, you may not even have this problem. 😉 )
Items needed: 1 hair tie, & couple of bobby pins
Time: 5-10 minutes
- Start by section off a large section of hair from the middle of your head (see video down below for a visual on the whole hairstyle)
- Split the section down the middle and clip one half out of the way for now..
- Do a small dutch braid straight back until you run out of hair continue with a normal plait at least half-way down, and tie off with a small rubber elastic..
- Un-clip the other section and repeat step 3..
- Once you have both braids done, go back a loosen them a little to make them look a little bit more messy and relaxed..
- Now gather all your hair up into a ponytail, but on the last pass through the hair tie only take the hair about half-way through and stop there..
- Gather the remaining hair left and flip up and tuck all of it into the hair tie (refer to video), just keep tucking and tugging your hair around until you get it to the way you like it..
- Then add a couple of bobby pins if you need them, and you’re done!
I hope you liked this quick and easy hairstyle, let me know down in the comments if you try it out, and here are a few more pics of the final look!
What would you wear this hairstyle for? It would be great for most occasions in my opinion, and I think it could be good for sport too, because the bun is surprisingly secure!
Well that’s all for now, we’ll see you next week with another tutorial, feel free to subscribe if you haven’t already (we’re only 6 away from reaching 100! 😉 .)