Merry Christmas!! I hope you all had a fabulous day yesterday and enjoyed yourself on Boxing Day today!
I came up with the hairstyle yesterday for Christmas when the weather climbed to the high 30s early in the morning. There was no way I could wear my hair down in that heat and I didn’t have long till our guests arrived so I quickly put it up into this fun holiday updo!
Items needed: two small rubber hair ties, 1 normal hair tie, and a handful of bobby pins.
Time: 5-10 minutes
- I started with my hair down, parted to one side, and the curls leftover from when I curled my hair on Christmas eve for the vigil Mass. Then I sectioned off a circular sized bit of hair from that back of my head, and tied it off with a rubber hair tie. Gently tug on the section to create volume in the crown area.
- Next, gather all the hair from either side of the part (you can leave a small bit of hair out on either side of you part like I did, now.) back to just behind your ears and tie together at the back of your head directly over the hair tie from the section you just tied off. (see video above)
- Poke two fingers up and behind the hair tie creating a small hole, and grab the section you just tied off and pull it up and through the hole. (Again, see video)
- Now gather the remaining hair into a ponytail but on the last pass through the hair tie only take the hair about half-way through and stop there..
- Gather the remaining hair left and flip up and tuck all of it into the hair tie (refer to video), just keep tucking and tugging your hair around until you get it to the way you like it..
- Now use bobby pins to manipulate the bun into the shape you want (it should be a bit like a messy bun when you’re done, though you can make it neater/messier if you prefer.)
- Just loosely curl the little bits of hair you left out in the front, and you’re done!
This would be great for a New Year’s Eve party, or just any time you want to do a little something extra in your hair. 😉
I’d love to know what you thought of this hairstyle, and feel free to leave us some holiday/party hairstyle requests here!