Today, I’m pleased to show you what I call the “Messy Dutch Ponytail.” I’d like to give special thanks to ‘Victoria’ for requesting this look. Here is the picture she requested:
This look is so cute and easy to do! Even with having very short layers, I’m still able to pull it off.
Level of difficulty: medium
Items needed: 1 hair band, 3-4 bobby-pins, 1 small clear elastic, small-tooth comb.
Time needed: 10 minutes
1.) The night before, I did these heatless curls. They add that natural curly/wavy look to the hair, and are super simple to do. When I took them out in the morning, I misted my hair with some sea salt spray, and parted my hair in a side part. (this is an optional step. This hair style can be done on any texture of hair.)
2.) Pick up the hair about the crown of your head, grabbing your small-tooth comb, begin to tease the section at the roots. To tease, you pull the comb through your hair in short motions, and downwards. Always downwards for teasing. 😉 It should almost seem like your slightly tangling your hair. This will give your hair more volume.
3. Using your comb, section off a small side on the “less heavy” side of your head. Begin the part 1 inch above your ear, than make a diagonal line down to the nape of your neck.
4. Pick up a small section of hair at the beginning of the section, and begin to dutch braid. Once you run out of hair to add in, continue braiding a regular three-strand braid all the way down. Secure with a clear elastic.
5. Pancake the entire bread by gently tugging on the edges of the braid.
6. Gather up all the hair and the braid into a low ponytail. Secure with a hair band.
7. Use your hands, and slightly pull at the crown of your head. This will give it a messier, fuller appearance.
8. Grab a half-inch section of hair from the ponytail, and wrap it around the rubber band several times, until you can’t anymore. Secure it around the band with your bobby-pins.
…and that’s it! I hope you all like my take on the “Messy Dutch Ponytail!” It is such a quick yet pretty hairstyle to do. Add a few accessories, and you have a hairstyle fit for formal occasions.
Let me know if you have any questions, or if there are any other hairstyles you’d like me to try!
Catch ya later!