Hey everyone! Clare here today. I know quite a few of you are probably anticipating the 4 strand braid tutorial you all voted for, I’m hoping to have it up soon, possibly in my next tutorial, so keep an eye out for that! Now onto today’s hairstyle…
I actually just came up with this style the other day, and was surprised at how quick it is to do! I got it down in about 5 minutes, which is pretty good considering the formal look it has! For a fancier look you could definitely add some curls before styling, but it honestly will look great either way!
As always with new styles you’re trying out, especially fancy ones, make sure to give it a few trial runs before the actual day you want to wear it. Trying out a brand new hairstyle 10 minutes before you head out the door is not exactly the best idea… 😉
Items needed: 1-2 hair ties, a handful of bobby pins, (hairspray & spin-pins are optional)
Time:4-8 minutes (depending on your hair)
Skill level: Easy
- Begin with your hair down and parted to one side (you could do a middle part too, but I think side part’s look better for this style).
- Now section off a a bit of hair from the top of the part, to just behind the ear on either side..
- Put those out of the way for a second, and gather the remaining hair into a ponytail at the back of your head..
- Next, twist the hair in the ponytail up into a bun, use bobby pins to secure..
- Now take the hair from the right side of the head and slowly begin to twist the hair, starting at roots, (hopefully the video explains this better)…
- Once you have the twist done, lay it over the top of the bun and wrap the ends around to pin in place..
- Repeat steps 5-6 on the other side…
- Once you have the twists secured in place, go back and pin any of the bun to you liking, and gently pull on the crown to add more volume and lift..
- Add hairspray if desired..
And there you have this super simple, but elegant updo!
Let me know what you think in the comments (and I apologise for the lighting in the video.) I hope you all have a great rest of the week!
Oh, and one more thing, Seton Girls’ Hairstyles just hit over 4,000 views!! Our goal is to reach 5,000 by the 31st of December. You can help us reach this goal by telling all your friends about us, and subscribing! (we only need 8 more subscribers to reach 50!)