For my first official post on Seton Girls Hairstyles, I’m going to show you how I do my basic wand curls! They’re pretty easy once you get the hang of using a wand, but it can take some practice (believe me, you should have seen some of my first attempts! ) So hopefully this tutorial will help you out, and please don’t hesitate to leave a comment if you have any questions ect!
I used the babyliss pro conical curling wand (32mm-19mm, )
Items needed: curling wand, hair sectioning clips (or hair ties), & hairspray….(optional-heat protectant)
- Begin by sectioning of your hair into 3 even sections (one bottom, one middle and one top) depending on the thickness of your hair you may not need to have as many sections.
- Once your wand has heated up to the right temperature setting..
- Grab a small section of hair and wrap it around the wand..
- Hold it on the wand and count up to at least 10 or 15.. and then let the hair drop into your hand and let cool for a few seconds..
- Repeat steps 3-4 until you finish the first layer of hair…
- Lightly spray with hairspray if desired…
- then let down the middle section and repeat steps 3-4
- When you get to the top layer (if you have a side part or middle, make sure you part your hair down the middle (vice versa for if you have a middle part).. I’ll explain in a minute)
- Repeat steps 3-4 and once finished, let your hair cool for a minute of two..
- Then re-part you hair to where you would usually have it… (this gives the hair around your part a little more lift)
- And you’re done!
For the posts coming up, I fully intend to add more step-by-step pictures, so let me know if you think that’s a good idea? Feel free to leave a comment below! 😉