Sophia here. Today I’m going to show you how to do two super cute looks, that are absolutely perfect for the autumn season!
#1 Waterfall Twist:
So, I for one, love a pretty waterfall braid hairstyle. This one gives the same effect, but with a little twist to it…(like, literally, a twist!)
1.) To begin part the hair to your liking. I did a side part.
2.)Then, grab a 1 inch section from the front of your head. Split it into two sections.
3. Twist the two sections once.
4.)Hold the two strands with one hand, and with the other hand, grab a small section of hair from near your part-line.
5.)This part is slightly complicated to explain, but is really easy to do. Put the section you’ve just grabbed from you part-line, and put it between the two twisted strands, just let it fall.
6.)After that, twist the two original strands. This will hold the third strand in place.
7.)Continue with steps 5 and 6, until you reach near the crown of you head. Use two bobby-pins to secure. (Sometimes you need to tug a little on the “waterfall” strands, to make sure the braid looks neat.
….Voila! Hairstyle #1, complete!
#2 Reverse Fishtail Braid:
If you want to get your hair out of the way, but still have it look cute, this is such a beautiful hairstyle to do. I’m accenting it with the waterfall twist.
- Start with the first hairstyle above.
- So, a reverse fishtail braid is just like a regular fishtail braid, but, instead of crossing the strands over, cross them under. So it’s a reverse fishtail. To reference a regular fishtail, you can take a look at a previous post from Clare.
- A little tip I like to do: When doing this reverse fishtail braid, instead of gathering neat, precise sections of hair, I grab different sized sections. Some small, some big. This gives it kind of a messy-chic look to it, which I personally like. 😉
- Once you’ve completed the braid, tug gently on the side, to give it a fuller, messier, appearance.
There you have it! Two lovely hairstyles for Fall! They are both super easy, and quick, and you can wear them either together or separate. I hope you all have a lovely Autumn season (its my favorite!) and I’ll catch you later!
– Sophia 🙂